When: Friday-Saturday, September 21-22
Where: Dominion Acres, Mt. Sterling, MO (see map below)
Topic: Biblical Male Leadership
Click Here to Pre-Register!
- 2PM-6PM - Arrive, Set up camp, free time
- 6PM - First Talk given by Pastor Jeff Meyers
- 7PM - Dinner
- 8:30 - Second talk given by Pastor Tim LeCroy
- 9:00-?? - Campfire hangout time
- 8:00AM - Breakfast
- 9:00AM - Third talk given by Pastor Meyers
- 9:30-12:00 - Shooting, Paintball, Fishing, ATV riding, etc.
- 12:00 - Lunch
- 12:30 - Fourth talk given by Rev. Ross Dixon
- 1:00-3:00 - Free time (more shooting, etc.)
The 2012 Christ Our King Men's Retreat will be held on Friday and Saturday, September 21-22, 2012 at Dominion Acres in Mt. Sterling, Missouri.
Dominion Acres is a privately owned hunting lodge with over 150 acres of fields and forests, two fishing ponds, and ATV's. This will be a camp out, so accommodations are what you bring with you.
This retreat is being put on by Christ Our King, but all men who want to do deeper in their walk with the Lord and experience Christian fellowship are welcome. We are especially making an effort to invite young men from Mizzou to come join us.
|Actual Bass Caught from One of the Fishing Ponds at Dominion Acres|
The retreat will feature bible teaching from Pastor Jeff Meyers of Providence PCA in St. Louis, Pastor Ross Dixon, Campus Minister for RUF at the University of Missouri, and Pastor Tim LeCroy of Christ Our King in Columbia.
The subject of the retreat will be Biblical Male Leadership. Have you ever wondered what the Bible says about being a leader? Have you wanted to be a better leader or learn what it means to be a leader?
We will be covering the subject of leadership in the three areas or spheres of life: The Church, The Home, and The World. Our Bible teachers will instruct and challenge us what it means to be men and to be godly leaders in the life of the church, in our personal and home lives, and in our careers and callings out in the world. The text of Genesis 2 will be our jumping off point, but we will look at several other scriptures as well. Each talk will focus on all areas of men's lives, including college students, young married, with children, etc.
In addition to biblical teaching there will be lots of time for fishing, shooting, paintball, frisbee golf, and more. Supper on Friday night will be something special planned by the grillmeisters at Christ Our King.
|Paintball Studs Enjoying Dominion Acres|
- A Bible
- $20 to cover dinner Friday
- Cooler with ice
- Water, Soda, Snacks
- Camping Gear
- There is a barn that you can sleep in if you would like. There are no animals in the barn.
- Sleeping bag
- Air Mattress or Sleeping Pad (optional)
- Food for breakfast and lunch (and the means to cook it)
- There will be a campfire for cooking
- Pre-made sub sandwiches are a good option for lunch.
- The following are optional if you have access
- Frisbees (or Disc Golf Discs)
- Paint ball equipment
- Any Guns that you would like to shoot (with ammo)
- Camp stove, pots, pans.
- Fishing rod, tackle, bait.
- Footballs, wiffle ball, etc.
- Whatever else you can think to bring!
Dominion Acres is located just off Highway 50 between Jefferson City and Union. It should take a little over an hour to drive from Columbia.
View Dominion Acres in a larger map