Friday, March 8, 2013

Adult Sunday School: Who is God?


Who or what is God? Is He a person or a power? Is He a he? Is there only one God? What is His nature? What is He like? Does God have an interest in me or my life? Does God love me? Does He care about me? Does He listen to me? What does God want from me? Does He demand anything from me? If so, do I have to give it to Him?

Is there a God?

Why does all this matter?

Over the next few weeks in Adult Sunday School at Christ Our King we will be exploring the answers to these very important questions. Where should we go to get such answers? Last fall in our Sunday School we answered that these answers are available to us in God's Holy Word, the Bible.

What does the Bible say about who God is? The Bible is a progressive revelation. In other words, it reveals things about God and us progressively, bit by bit, as we walk through the biblical story. Therefore, in this class we will be looking directly at the Scriptures, starting from the beginning, and learning how God reveals himself to us as we explore the beauty of the biblical narrative.

This Sunday School Class will begin on Sunday, March 10 at 9:00AM. If you want to learn more about God, who he is, and what he is doing, come join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment